Some non-Leica scanners are severely impacted by sunlight. The sun dramatically reduces their range. You will need to carefully study the fine print on the all-important performance specifications of the scanner you are considering to determine if it is likely to have issues with “bright ambient light”. Leica ScanStations have the same long-range performance regardless of the lighting conditions.
Presentations from past Leica Users Conferences
- File: 2007 – CA Highway Patrol – Leica User Conference.ppsx
- File: 2010 – John DeHaan – Documenting Fire and Explosion Scenes with Leica ScanStations.ppsx
- File: 2010 – Road Traffic Accident Investigation and Reconstruction.ppsx
- File: NIST_Thompson_2010 Leica HDS User Conference.ppt
- File: Using HDS to Assess the Effects of Earthquake on Various Types of Structures.ppt